MiniUni 3.125″ is an Electronic Flight Instrument System (EFIS) for fixed wing experimental airplanes. This compact and cost-effective instrument delivers exceptional performance and offers a variety of features such as:
- Artificial horizon
- Built-in RTC (real time clock) and flight timer
- Turn rate coordinator (standard turn) + bank angle indicator
- Outside air temperature
- and more.
✔️ Precise altitude pressure, airspeed, gyroscope and accelerometer sensors
✔️ V-speed vertical reference strip provides speed warnings at all times during the flight based on V-speeds pre-defined by user.
✔️ GPS based track and ground speed information is available on the display for additional situational awareness.
✔️ Outside Air Temperature (OAT) sensor is optional and, if purchased, the instrument will display outside air temperature, as well as True Airspeed Speed (TAS).
✔️ Instrument can be connected to an external compass module to provide GPS independent heading indication for these cases where GPS signal may be unavailable.
✔️ Ultra bright sunlight readable 3.125″ display is easily readable under various light conditions, including direct sunlight.
✔️ Built-in rotary knob and two buttons on the front panel areused for all unit operation including easy adjustment of barometric pressure, heading bug adjustment, unit configuration via built-in settings menu.
Post-flight analysis features:
✔️ Built-in flight data recorder allows to record various flight parameters every predefined time interval. Flight data later can be exported to a computer using Micro SD Card for further review.
✔️ Flight track can be exported in Google Earth file format. This format allows to review complete airplane flightpath and route in the Google Earth maps.
This instrument is available in two versions:
GPS based only version:
- Does not require any pitot/static lines connections and rely solely on GPS information for all speed, course and other indications.
- This version has built barometric altimeter for precise altitude indication. Airspeed is taken and shown based on GPS ground speed.
- Calculations of artificial horizon position may be limited by certain factors since rely on GPS corrections only.
- This version can be connected to stand-alone AHRS module (not included with the unit) and become a fully functional Full Pitot + GPS version.
Full Pitot + GPS version:
- Incorporates dynamic pressure sensor and allows pitot/static lines connections in the back of the unit.
- This version provides most precise information since uses all available sensors for calculations of artificial horizon, airspeed, true airspeed and other.
Flight instrument is designed for installation in to standard aviation panel opening: 3.125″ (79mm)
Input voltage: +10V to +28V DC
Unit size: 68mm x 88mm x 81mm
Display size: 3.125″ diagonal
Display resolution: 320×240 pixels (Ultra high bright display)
Receiver: GPS receiver high sensitive Ublox
Maximum IAS: 250 Knots
Altitude range: -1000ft to +32000ft
Vertical speed range: 10000ft up or down
Pitot/Roll range: 360 degrees
SD Card: 4Gb FAT formatted (supported up to 16Gb)
Antenna: mag mount GPS with male SMA connector
Pitot/Static lines: Quick connect 1/4″ plumbing